Two $1000 Vulcan County Agricultural Services Bursaries still up for grabs
Posted on June 21st, 2017
Vulcan County Agricultural Services Bursary
OBJECTIVE: To encourage Vulcan County high school students to choose a career in agricultural or environmental sciences, and to financially assist them while attending an agricultural or agricultural science related program.
1. Bursaries are available to students continuing their education at a College or University. Students must be enrolled in an agricultural or agricultural science related program.
2. Two (2) $1,000.00 bursary will be awarded annually and all students in Vulcan County pursuing agricultural or agricultural science studies are eligible to apply. Applications with all supporting documentations must be received by June 30th.
3. Each student may obtain a bursary only once.
4. Eligible applicants must be residents of Vulcan County when completing their high school diploma.
5. The applicant is required to supply a copy of their marks from the last year of high school attendance, together with a letter of acceptance and course of studies planned at a post secondary institution.
6. The Vulcan County Agricultural Committee shall award these bursaries annually based on scholastic standing, social and community activities, and chosen program of study.
7. High school graduates just entering their post-secondary studies will be given priority over students in subsequent year’s studies.
8. Applicants wishing to pursue their post-secondary studies outside of Alberta are eligible.
* Completed applications, together with the required supporting information, should be forwarded to the Manager of Agricultural Services of Vulcan County by no later than June 30th.